Saturday 30 September 2017

More embossed metallic feathers.


Hi everyone, I had a couple of metal feathers left from my last card so thought I'd make another design.

The technique I used was from Lin Brown's post from 2010. Her metal flowers are stunning and she has some great tutorials on her blog. I can't believe this technique has been around for so long but I'm just discovering it!

I stamped the feathers with black Stazon onto some metal sheet and diecut them. The stamping was really just to add a layer of colour so perfect cutting didn't matter.


Then I used my paper flower veining tool, a small ball tool and mat to emboss the details on the feathers. 

To add colour, I dabbed on some ground espresso distress paint, then rubbed some of it off. Next I added alcohol inks - stream, stonewashed and denim. A thin layer of dimensional magic was painted on top to seal the alcohol ink.

I've used a pin from a clothing label and a brad to secure the feathers to the tag. Love recycling!

I'm linking up to these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday - heavy metal.

Simon Monday Challenge Blog Logo

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo



Addicted to Stamps & More - anything goes.


The Male Room also has an anything goes challenge theme with the option of using technology.


Seize the Birthday also has an anything goes birthday theme, or you play along with the script or text background option.



Supplies:
Stampin Up feathers stamp and dies; MFT pierced tag stax die; Lifestyle Crafts metal sheet; stazon ink; ground espresso distress paint; alcohol inks-stram, stonewashed & denim; Modge Podge dimensional glaze; Glossy Accents as glue; Susan's Garden Sizzix flower shaping tools and mat; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x


10 comments:

Sandra said...

Such a pretty card, love the gorgeous blueish metallic feathers. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Brenda in IN said...

You have inspired me to use the metal I have. I bought some a long time ago and haven't used it yet. I didn't know you could die cut it. Thanks for sharing.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

WOW, gorgeous design! So crisp and stylish. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous attachment/embellishment of your leaves.

Mac Mable said...

I absolutely love this and your last one, with the glorious feathers. I too enjoyed working with metal and alcohol inks this past week and I thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments. The colours you've used are so vibrant, eye catching and love them against the white card. Great technique with fabulous results x

debby4000 said...

Those feathers are stunning, gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Anita in France said...

Just as gorgeous as the first ones, Cathy ... those yummy colours are fabulous against the crisp white! Hugs, Anita :)

Patti said...

Wow! this is stunning! thank you so much for the link to the tutorial! I have never seen this technique either!! Your card is outstanding!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

Patti

Rocky said...

I love the feathers, a simple but stunning card. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

roffeycreations said...

Your feathers are amazing and I am sure your creative mind would make a brilliant dream catcher... perhaps it could decorate your next stall at the markets???? Mxxx