Monday 2 October 2017

Flat cat!


Hi everyone, I've been working on some birthday cards for my stash.
My son loves our cat and she often gives him this look lol! So this will be for his birthday coming up soon.

I made an ink slip up on the white above the cat so fussy cut this part. I masked a strip from the black line down with large post it notes, and blended on some iced spruce distress oxide ink and some regular weathered wood distress ink. A spritz of water added the concretey texture.

The theme at Less is More is watercolour. I'm hoping inking and spritzing fits the theme.


This cat is one of the first Katzelkraft stamps that I bought, along with the scratching cat, but this is it's first inking so I'm linking up with my final entry into Darnell's NBUS challenge. To join in just make sure to use something new or old from your stash that has never been used before.

IT'S HERE!

I'm also linking up to the anything goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday,

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo

At AAA Cards it's a sketch theme.



At Seize the Birthday I'm playing along with the anything goes option.


Supplies:

Katzelkraft cat stamp; Technique Tuesday sassy cat sentiment stamp; birthday sentiment sticker; versafine ink; iced spruce dox ink; weathered wood distress ink.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

25 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I love this image of the cat! You did a fantastic job of making concrete, it looks good. Pets can really give some funny looks.

Sue said...

LOL I love your sassy kitty, Cathy and beautiful masking and inking.

Kathyk said...

FABBY card - I do love those cat images

Kathyk

Mac Mable said...

Love the concrete effect and that cat is fabulous!

Cardsbymaaike said...

purrfect indeed! i love all things kitty though haha

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Simple CAS-brilliance! Adorable scene and so much fun. Love the neat watercoloured panel and just a perfect design and take on our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Less is More this week.

maria f. said...

Love these cats any and every time I see them. Fabulous design.

Jane said...

How completely purrfect is that cat lounging so casually along your inky strip. Love it! Thanks for using the sketch and playing at AAA Cards.

jimlynn said...

PRECIOUS! I love this cute and fun card.
Lynn

Izzy Scrap said...

J'adore ! What a beautiful CAS cat, hem... I mean CAS card ! Love that cat and what a great design ! Absolutely in love with your card ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

stampwithsandy said...

Super cute card! I love your long limbed feline. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Susan said...

Oh my gosh! Love this little guy ... super sassy! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Trina P. said...

Your card put a smile on my face. That watercolour spritz panel is beautiful. Love all that wonderful white space. A purr-fect CAS card! 😉 Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina xx

Maria Tchotcheva said...

Cool!!!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

I’m swooning at your fantastic card Cathy! What an elegant, and perfectly aloof little feline image - love it! Love how the puss is languishly draping itself on your water colour strip. Superb design and CAS to the max. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

Cat Craig said...

SUPER SUPER SUPER...such a perfect design and I love it. Top 5 of your cards for sure.

MaryH said...

Very whimsical and so cute. This kitty has catitude fer sure. Your son will love it. Enjoyed reading about your save, and if you hadn't told, would never have guessed. That's a great modern art look design to evolve from your fix, and the ice spruce looks great with the intense black of the languid cat. TFS & Hugs

Darnell said...

Great job with the fussy cutting around that cat with cattitude, Cathy! I think you totally achieved a concrete look with your inking!! Thank you so much for playing three times in my NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

debby4000 said...

WOW love your stunning cat card, its brilliant.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Ã…saJ said...

Such a perfect and fun CAS card! Love that cat just laying there! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Ã…sa

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous concrete wall, Cathy ... just the perfect (or should I say purrfect) spot for that cool cat ... it's brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... that is the coolest cat I've seen. Your son will LOVE his card! :)

FourSquareMicroFarm said...

Simple, and classy. I adore the stamp.

roffeycreations said...

Very quirky - love it... Mxxx

BożenA said...

Cats can rest in the strangest positions and in the strangest places. Just like your kitten :-) Great and funny card, Kathy. I love the colorful belt on which you put the cat. It looks great.
Hugs,
BozenA